Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Calm at the Center of the Storm

No matter how much stress is going on around them, cats never seem to care; they just go on about their business as if there's nothing out of the ordinary. For those that visit my two blogs on a regular basis, you know everything that's been going on in my life; as you can see above, Smokey -- one of our two cats, who has been with us since the day my wife and I got back from our honeymoon over 10 years ago -- is taking it all in stride. She simply jumped up on the footrest of our recliner and settled down for "The Apprentice."

Another camera phone shot fixed up with Corel photo software, and edged with a chalk border.

3 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Yup, cats definitely dominate their own worlds. But I like them. There's something up front about them. This is a nice shot of a content cat!

Sandie said...

I like this shot and she looks totally relaxed. I used to print my b&w shots with rough borders, it just fits.

karen said...

What a pretty kitty! I guess if she is called Smokey, she's grey?
I have 3 kitties...my dog overshadows, but they're much easier on the lap!!